- 125 grams red onion, sliced (approx. ½ onion)
- 125 grams mushrooms, chopped (approx. 10 count)
- 200 grams yellow bell pepper, sliced (approx. 1 count)
- 200 grams Brussels sprouts, halved (approx. 20 count)
- ¼ cup red palm oil, melted I used olive oil
- Himalayan rock salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. grass-fed regular ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 200 grams celery (approx. 6 sticks)
- 4 cups homemade beef stock, with the fat – I used some of my Bone Broth.
- 2 cups organic whole tomatoes
- 1 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch cayenne pepper or ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Place onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, brussels sprouts, palm oil, salt and pepper on a large baking sheet. Transfer sheet to the oven and roast vegetables for 25-30 minutes. Once complete, set aside.
- Add ground beef to a large soup pot and cook on medium-low heat until just cooked through. Add garlic and celery, cook for another 3 minutes. Do not drain the fat, keep it in there.
- Add remaining ingredients: stock, tomatoes, paste and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in roasted vegetables and chopped parsley.
Nutrition information is based off 1 serving, approximately 1½ cups
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Calories: 478
- Calories from Fat: 310
- Total Fat: 34.5
- Saturated Fat: 14.7 g
- Cholesterol: 76> mg
- Sodium: 520 mg
- Carbs: 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g
- Net Carbs: 10.7 g
- Sugars: 4.5 g
- Protein: 28.8 g