I love this for a quick breakfast or something sweet straight after dinner!
The bread takes 90 seconds to make, the sort of thing you look for when you’re strapped for time. The Jam…not that far behind the bread!
Ingredients for the Bread:
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 Table spoon Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- Place all ingredients into a mug and mix until combined using a fork
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
Nutritional Information on the Keto Bread:
Makes 4 slices
106 calories- (per 2 slices), 1 gram carbs, 17 gram fat, 6.5 gram protein
Note: Use slightly less Baking Powder if you don’t like the aftertaste that it leaves – similar to scones.
Ingredients for Low Carb Jam:
- fresh or frozen mixed berries or berries of your choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp hot water
- Mix chia seeds and water in a jar, Let cool a little.
- Add berries and vanilla and mix with a hand blender.
- Pour into a serving dish and serve with Keto low carb breads of all sorts, pancakes, chia pudding or oatmeal.
Note: I have also added grass fed butter to the bread before spooning on the jam and cream, good if you need to meet your macros in fat. Handy for when you are OMAD!