Keto Cheesecake Flowers!
Every time I have looked at making a baked cheesecake in the past I have thought twice about it, just too much work. Well, not anymore! These mini cheesecakes they take no time at all! So easy to make, so Keto friendly and so delicious…just wait until you taste them, you will swear you have stepped the mark and overdone the carbs, just keep reminding yourself though that each one has only 2 grams of net carbs!
This recipe will make 8. I made them in paper patty pans which I placed inside the tin muffin pan to help bolster them up, it wasn’t nesessary though as I took a chance with the other 6 just placed on a baking tray in the paper patty pans, they came out as good as gold, so no problems if you don’t have a muffin tin for them. Make sure you don’t make them straight into the muffin tin without the paper patty pans, you will have a job getting them out cleanly otherwise. Doable – but not worth it.🤨
You will need:
For the base…
- 1/2 cup Almond flour;
- 2 tblspns grass fed butter (Kerrygold)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup Stevia/Monk Fruit
- 3 tblspns pure cream
- 2 tblspns Greek yoghurt
- punnet of strawberries 🍓
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- To make the crust, melt the butter until liquid and mix in your almond meal until you have some that feels like crumbly play dough.
- Take a teaspoon at a time and press the dough into the bottom of a muffin tin.
- Bake these crusts for about 5 to 8 minutes. They’ll come out slightly brown and crispy.
- Beat your cream cheese that is at room temperature with an electric mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla extract, lemon, an egg and your sugar substitute. Beat until all combined.
- Use a spoon to fill all the cups evenly almost to the top.
- Bake at 180c for about 15 minutes. They should feel dry to the touch. Let them cool in the refrigerator for ideally 6 or 7 hours. But if you’re strapped for time, try putting them in the freezer for as long as you can.
- Once the mini cheesecakes have chilled and firmed up, take them out of the fridge and remove the patty pan papers, place them on a plate.
- Whip the cream and Greek yoghurt together to thicken, with a teaspoon, place cream in the Center of the cheesecakes.
- Slice up the strawberries thinly and place 4 of the slices around the cheesecakes resembling flower pettles. Add a little extra decoration by placing a frozen blueberry in the middle of the cream.
- Calories: 180 Fat: 20 g Protein: 5 g Carbohydrates: 2 g NET Carbs.