Yum! These are the bees knees!
- 450g chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Avocado or Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of hot or mild sauce
- 1tablespoon of melted butter
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 200c line baking sheet with baking paper
- cut the chicken thighs into 1” pieces, set aside
- place the Cajun seasoning in a bowl and coat the chicken pieces a couple at a time
- place the chicken pieces into a frying pan with the heated oil on medium – high for 2 or 3 minutes before turning and cooking a further 2 to 3 minutes. You may need to do say half the amount of chicken pieces set them aside and cook the remaining pieces so as not to overcrowd in the pan. Cook until crisp on the outside.
- Place all of your Sauce ingredients into a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine. Transfer the chicken to the bowl of sauce mixture and coat it with the sauce.
- Transfer the coated chicken pieces to the baking tray and place in the oven and bake until the sauce on the edges starts to darken up.
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Season with, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in blue cheese. Cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
Note: If you don’t like blue cheese you can make up some ranch dressing or even try a different type of soft cheese instead of the blue but I reckon you should give the blue a crack.