The hunter, gatherer of this outfit brought home a nice, big fish when he went fishing with ‘Ol mate from the caravan park. Took the tinny out from Dingo Bay, Queensland at 6am this morning. It came up rough pretty quick while they were out there, they managed to get one on the way back in just behind a small island called Bird Sh*t Island :O. It’s what they call a “Painted Sweet Lip”… new to me!
We were told from the boat ramp to the caravan park to cook this fish in a curry.
You couldn’t have got it any fresher – caught this morning, eaten same day! It was really tasty too, I’m hoping for another catch tomorrow morning!
The recipe I used for cooking the fish in is mild in the scheme of things, however, if you like it hot just add an extra two or three baby red chillies.
Ingredients for making this simple curry:
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 or 2,3 whatever your heat preference Mini Red Chilli
- 1 Inch knob of Ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 cup of Coriander (fresh), leaves and stems
- 3 tablespoons of Grass Fed Butter
- 2 teaspoons of Tumeric, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon Coriander, ground
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- 1 kg of Fish, cut up into chunks
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Sea Salt
Instructions for making the curry:
- In your food processor, add the onion, chilli, ginger, garlic and fresh coriander
- Blend until all ingredients are finely chopped.
- Scrape the mixture out of the processor and into a saucepan. Over a low heat, add the butter and gently saute for 10 minutes
- Add the turmeric, cumin and ground coriander and continue to gently saute for a few more minutes
- Add tomato paste and stir well to combine, continue to cook another 1 minute
- Increase the heat to medium, cook the fish in the spices for 7 or 8 minutes
- Add the cream and salt, reduce the heat until the curry is simmering. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the fish is cooked and the sauce has thickened
- Serve the Keto Fish Curry with a side of Cauliflower Rice
Calories from fat: 245 Total Fat 27 grams Total Carbs 3 grams Protein 20 grams